Friday, September 28, 2007

Soccer Saturday's

Many of you know that Jacob is not fond of change, ANY change. He likes the idea of doing something new, but once the day is here (or in the case of kindergarten, 3 weeks away) he decides he doesn't want to do it and starts worrying and fretting about it. Anyway, we decided that the only way to get him to get over this problem would be to "encourage" him to do more new things. What better time than right when he starts kindergarten?? With this in mind, we signed him up for soccer. Now, Curt and I know nothing about soccer, but it sounded good for Jacob. Well, we found out that Rod, Curt's cousin is partly in charge of the AYSO soccer league that we signed Jacob up with. He ever-so-gently asked Curt if he would coach. How do you say no?? Curt said yes and I am his back-up. Did I mention we know NOTHING about soccer. Anyway, we are now spending saturday's on the soccer field and Jacob is loving it.

This is Jacob getting ready to practice kicking the ball into the net. I love the look on his face. It is hysterical watching him. Sometimes he just stands there with his fingers in his mouth and sometimes he is just running around in circles.


This is during Jacob's first game. I was pleasantly surprised that he was actually participating in the game and trying to kick the ball. Go Jacob!!

2 comments:

  1. It is so great that he is being so brave and trying new things! We will have to come and cheer him on one of these days :) Little kids playing soccer are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you would update the blog after last nights conversation! :)
    Jacob is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!