Friday, August 31, 2007

Girls Weekend

This past weekend The Rachels, two of my best friends, came over for a little overnight scrapbook extravaganza. We were afraid we would have to cancel because we were having some major storms. In fact, tornadoes ripped through the Charlotte and Potterville area and farther northeast causing major damage. We had planned to go up to Okemos to visit Hobby Lobby and my favorite scrapbook shop and the storms were going right across our path. Fortunately, the storms passed by quickly and our weekend went on as planned. When we got back from our field trip it was about 10:30 in the evening. I was sure that we would put our stuff away and head off to bed, saving the actual scrapbooking for the next day. I was wrong.

This is Rachel G. scrappin' away.

This is me. Obviously I am at the "I'm so tired I'm giddy" point. We stayed up until 3:30 a.m. Yeah, I said 3:30 a.m.


This was the YUMMY sandwich that we had on Saturday for our lunch. Rachel G. made it just after breakfast so it could meld all the flavors together. I was ready to dive in right then, but I restrained myself until lunchtime.

This is us on Saturday just before they went home. We are each holding up our two favorite pages. I think we all finished at least 8 pages. I had such a good time. It isn't often that we get together without the husbands and kids and get to just be silly girlfriends. I will treasure this weekend and hopefully, we will plan another.


2 comments:

  1. I finished 14 new pages & 11 pages I was saving just to cricket! It was an awesome time. When is Curt off for Christmas break?
    Love you Bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! :)Glad you guys could do it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!