Friday, August 17, 2007

Going to the zoo, zoo, zoo!!!

Tuesday we went over to Detroit and visited the zoo. The day started out a little cool, but as soon as we got there the sun came out and it warmed up some. It wasn't so hot that we were miserable, but it was warm enough that we sought the shade when we could.

This is my Mom and Dad (Debbie and Ralph) and us in front of the big fountain. The breeze picked up and sprayed us, the cool water was a little shocking.

This is Jacob and Ethan with a gentle rhino. Actually, it's a cutout poster that they were standing next to, but it looks real.

We saw all the animals, including the largest gorilla I have ever seen, but I couldn't get a picture of him because of the glare on the window. We walked through the kangaroo exhibit, got some great pictures of the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!), did a lot a of walking, rode the train. We just had such a good time.

When we got home we grilled some brats and burgers which were fabulous (Thank you Curt!) and then had a little campfire so we could roast marshmallows and eat smores. The boys were running around the yard having a good ol'time. I have no idea where they found the energy because I was ready for sleep! It was a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Kristy, your blog looks awesome! You did such a good job! I will check it often :) I look forward to reading more of Curt's writing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. zookeeper (Janice :o)August 17, 2007 at 4:46 PM

    I was wondering why you were letting the boys hug a rhino!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!