Monday, November 19, 2007

Frankenmuth

This past saturday (hey, my blog is catching up!!) Curt, Jacob, Ethan and I went to Frankenmuth with my Mom and Dad. We stopped in Grand Ledge at a place called Sophia's for breakfast. It was great! I had a ham and cheese omelet that was huge, it was made with five eggs. I shared some of it with Ethan and still left thinking I wouldn't need any lunch. After our yummy and very filling breakfast we drove to Frankenmuth. We stopped at Bronner's first. I hadn't been there for a very long time and had forgotten just how big Bronner's is. I loved looking at all the decorations they had hanging from the ceiling and so did the boys.

Of all the decorations they had my favorite by far was the gingerbread house. I seriously felt like I had jumped into the game Candyland.

This was us over by the christmas trees. It was a great place for a family picture. Look how happy Ethan is!

After we left Bronner's we drove into the town. It was packed with people. Our first stop was the restrooms at the Bavarian Inn and then we were looking for food because Jacob was hungry. We were all still full from breakfast, but he was hungry. He must be growing. Anyway, the wait for the all-famous chicken dinner was close to an hour so we decided to try and find something else. When we walked outside we saw the horse and buggies and Ethan was excited. He wanted to ride that horse and buggie.

This is Spirit and he was kind enough (along with the wonderful driver) to take us on a ride around town. Thank you Nana and Papa for treating us to this.


This is Ethan during the ride in the buggie. I'm not sure I have ever seen him so happy. He loved every minute of it.

After Frankenmuth we found some lunch over at Birch Run which we had to go to because of the Nascar store that Curt wanted to visit. That pretty much rounded out our visit so we headed home. Once we reached Nana and Papa's house Jacob was all about the food again. After some cheese and crackers and a few peanut butter M&M's we headed home for a good dose of sleep!

3 comments:

  1. I love Bronners! And Birch Run for that matter! The picture of Ethan in the buggy is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way that last comment was for me...I didn't mean to make it anonymous, that just happened by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a blogging maniac! I love seeing all the new posts and pictures :) Keep up the good work! (that's the teacher in me saying that!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!