Saturday, August 16, 2008

Parade Day

Curt's dad is a barber in the small town of Grand Ledge. Curt and I both grew up there. Curt was born and raised there, I moved in in time for seventh grade. Anyway, we go to Grand Ledge for our haircuts and on this particular Saturday in late June, Gary (Curt's dad) asked us to come in a bit early because there was going to be a parade downtown and parking was going to be a bear. We got there about an hour before the parade and were done in time to find a spot on the main drag and watch the parachuter land smack in the middle of the bridge.


It was really cool to watch him come in. They even had a little target for him to aim for and he landed right on it.

W also saw a lady walking on stilts. You don't see many stilt walkers anymore. Its kind of become a lost art, so to speak.

Anyway, watching the parade was fun. The boys filled my purse with candy, which we still haven't eaten and thought the coolest thing was the old police car we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!