Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pool Party

The last two years Curt's parents have won a pool party from a silent auction that their church holds during the yearly garage sale. A very nice lady named Mary hosts this party at her house and provides all the food and beverages (and of course the pool). The first year that we went I thought it would be really awkward because we didn't know Mary. But, after about the first 5 minutes I found that Mary just really likes people, she is very generous and loves to share her home. This year, I wasn't nervous and was looking forward to seeing Mary again. This is probably our last pool party though. Mary and her husband are preparing to move to....NEW ZEALAND. Doesn't that just sound so fun and adventurous? She's also an airline pilot. The more I get to know her, the more I like her.

Here are some of the pictures of our fun that day. Most of these were taken for me by Mary (she also scrapbooks!!).

This is all of us



This is Jacob trying to beat his daddy with a giant noodle



Here is Ethan going down the slide. Have you ever seen anything so funny?


Thank you Mary, we had a wonderful day. Thank you to the Ford's, without your winning bid and invitation we would have missed all this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!