Monday, June 1, 2009

Picking Posies and Jumping June Bugs...

We started our Saturday by going to the soccer field and watching Jacob play... he scored a goal. His first one of the season, and I missed it. I was paying attention to these little cuties...


... and this one...

... aren't they all precious?

After the game my mother-in-law took the boys to her house because Hubby and I were going to my nephews graduation on Sunday (will post pictures soon) and we wouldn't have time between church and when commencement started to get the boys to her. So, that left Hubby and me all alone for most of the day.

We went to a favorite pizza place of ours and didn't eat pizza. Hubby had a salad and I had a burger. And it was lovely. We also watched part of the Nationwide race and he shushed me (on our date mind you) so he could hear it. But it was fun anyway.

After we got home I asked Hubby if he would start a fire in our fire pit, but before he could Rachel called and asked if we wanted to head their way because they were having a fire. So, I quickly grabbed a bottle of Diet Mt. Dew (because you can never have too much caffeine. Right, Rachel?) and a bag of Strawberry marshmallows and away we went.


We did some roasting...

some eating...

and some jumping...

Apparently, before Hubby and I arrived Rachel asked the others if they thought I would make it all the way to the fire or if I would stop at the trampoline upon my arrival... let's just say I could never turn down a good 'ol game of popcorn...

This is Dare Devil Rachel... Oh my!!

And Bouncy Rachel... she kinda reminds me of Tigger.

And then, at 8:00 on the button Hubby's cell phone starts making a noise. Apparently we were on a schedule because the Red Wings are in the play-offs and we had to watch the game. What to do, what to do?

Super Chad to the rescue...

He brought the T.V. along with power and cable to the fire. Oh yes, he did!


And after the excitement of another Red Wings win... or maybe just a half a bottle of Diet Mt. Dew and a dozen S'mores I had the urge to jump again!

4 comments:

  1. You are so much fun! :) Looks like a fabulous time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could come over. Looking forward to more fires soon!

    Praying for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I'm trying to get through MckMama's comments again. I read through them all in the wee hours of Saturday night/Sunday morning. Now, I'm making my rounds to some. Anyway...I read yours and just wanted to stop by and say hello. Please let me know if we can do anything for your friend. I am so sorry to hear of her loss.

    Blessings,
    Kelly Gerken
    Sufficient Grace Ministries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lighthouse Prayer LineJune 4, 2009 at 11:36 PM

    Hi Kristy,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!