Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer is Here...

...at least according to the calendar. However, if you are wanting a corroborating opinion by the weather man, you are in for some disappointment. Today it is freakishly ridiculous roughly sixty-three degrees and rainy. It is cold and wet. Not my favorite type of weather. I'm definitely a 75 and sunny girl. Definitely.

Anywhoo...

Today was Jacob's last day of First Grade. Yes, I do realize that it is the middle of June. Yes, I realize that everybody else ended school last week. Yes, I think it is ridiculous. Anything else you want to know? Ahem...

What I was saying was that today was his last day of First Grade and it was also Field Day. Wonderful, wonderful Field Day. And also cold and rainy. Nevertheless, I, the ever doting and always up for a good game of pass the sponge momma that I am (insert sarcasm here), attended field day.

I promise I won't bore you will tales of soggy shoes, wet hair, or glasses that should have come equipped with mini windshield wipers. Instead, I will show you some fabulously cute pictures of the just this morning First Grader who this afternoon morphed into a Second Grader.

I also promise not to cry on your shoulder leaving a wet spot of tears and snot.

As long as you don't come too close.





This was a fortunate game choice. The game leader didn't have to worry about the kids spilling all the water and thus forcing them to refill the bucket. The rain was doing it for them. Talk about time savers...

I love his smile.

And I'm just going to send out a warning to all of the Antcliff Family Reunion attendees... Jacob has been practicing the potato sack race... and this boy has some skilz!

I warned you. You better start practicing now or come August you are going down...

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you write. You are just so cute! :)

    So is Jacob. He's looking so grown and so handsome! I love his smile too.

    By the way, I loved your scarf post!! You made me laugh with your hiding behind the tree pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is here & Kristy is gone. She had plenty of things to blog about but no time to do it. Is Curt hogging the computer? Is Kristy been tied up by her boys in the basment and being fired upon with nerf guns? Or is she just reading book after book in the back yard. I don't really know but I do know she is not here on her blog. She may not be for some time if last summer's trends hold true.

    Kristy, Oh how we miss your cheery prose. Do come back some day soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!