Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Museum, A Train, and a Happy, Happy Day

My friend Rachel and I were talking this morning and both admitted to feeling like we were uninvolved parents this year at our children's school.  Both Rachel and I started working this past fall and then I decided to go back to school which left very little time to devote to classroom parties, etc.  In past years we've been very involved so this took some adjusting by all of us... I'm not sure Rachel and I adjusted... We were very happy that the end of the year field trips were being held on days that didn't conflict with anything else.  Today was Jacob's second grade field trip to the Ann Arbor Natural History Museum and a train ride from Ann Arbor back to Jackson.  It was a great day.  I'm so glad I was able to go spend this time with him.  Often in the hustle and bustle of life one on one time gets put on the back shelf.  But it is so important to stay connected with our kids.  They need to know how much we love them. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day...



This is the group of kids Rachel and I were in charge of... So much for a small group!! haha...


This is looking down to the second floor from the third. The second floor was our favorite, but we had to move through it pretty quickly to make it through the whole museum. We might have to go back and take a longer gander...


This is the ceiling of the entryway. I completely missed this until we were leaving. I don't even know what made me look up, I mean really, who looks up... but I did and thought it was beautiful.


This is Jacob and a couple of classmates with his teacher, Mrs. Wilkerson.


Rachel and Gracie... I loved spending the day with them.


Me and Jacob. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of us EVER...


Waiting on the train. We got to the train station on time, but it was coming in from Dearborn and had been trapped by a freight train. We had to wait about 30 minutes before it showed up. Jacob spent the time eating all my snacks!!


Here we are on the train... facing the opposite direction than we were traveling... NOT A GOOD IDEA!!


The train station in Jackson. It has some beautiful woodwork on the inside.


Our train... not exactly Polar Express, but it was a fun ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!