Friday, May 14, 2010

Ya Might As Well Do It ALL and a 5K...

I just don't even know what to say about today other than it was one of the busiest, most stressful and most fun filled days!

It all started with a Physics Final. Final review with the professor and class started at 9am. So, right after I dropped the boys off at school I very gently and slowly drove Bessy (my parents car that I was borrowing -- whole other story) to campus for the review.  Which I didn't actually participate in because I had homework to do... Yes, I procrastinated... Whatever people, IT HAPPENS!!!  Back to my little story here... geesh... So I caught up on a couple homework assignments, scribbled a few things on a note card, ate a very good egg white sandwich from Subway and was ready for my exam at 11am.

Now, the last 2 exams I had I would have told you I bombed it or something miraculous had taken place because I wasn't confident about either one of them.  This exam is a whole other story... I think I did pretty well.  Which could go either way because the other 2 exams ended up being B's.  So either I am really, really wrong or I just got myself an A- in PHYSICS.... I will let you know as soon as I know.

The other BIG thing I was waiting on today was the results of my MTTC which is the Michigan Teacher Certification Exam.  When I signed up for the exam in January I was told I had to pass all 3 parts so I could do my student teaching this coming Fall.  So, I signed up for the Basic Skills, Social Studies Major and Integrated Science Minor tests.  When my instructor found out what I did she said "NO, NO, NO... you have to pass 3 parts of the Basic Skills Test: reading, writing and math."  Well, they were going to charge me half of what I paid to take the exams to get out of them so I just went ahead with them anyway chaulking it up to experience.  Funny thing when I got the email today with my results.  I passed ALL 3.  Not just the 3 parts of the Basic Skills, but ALL 3 EXAMS!

And it was such an AWESOME day I went out and ran my first 5K.  I didn't have a great time, I finished in 34:21ish... Curt snapped a picture of me at 34:21 but I still had 3 or 4 steps to go.  But I finished and that is huge for me.  Especially considering that I have only run 5 times this Spring and 2 of them were this week (including the 5K).  And today was only the second time I've attempted 3 miles... So I think I did pretty good.  Now I'm training for a Duathlon at the end of August... Crazy I know!!

Here are pictures from the 5K...


Me and Rachel before the race


Just before I rounded the corner to finish


Just before crossing the finish line


Apparently me running doesn't just wear me out! He fell asleep in the car on the way home. So precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!