Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's Next?

I have been wondering "What's next?" for our country now that Mr. Obama is our President -elect. If left to my own devises, I tend to get a little melancholy over the whole situation. But, I am proud of the many Americans that took the time earlier this week to vote. I only had to wait in line for about 3 minutes, some had to wait in line for hours. Their commitment to this process is to be commended. I applaud all who recognized the privilege that we have in this country and saw it not only as such, but also as their civic duty. This is our country, it is ours to protect and care for. There are many men and women who have felt an even greater duty and at this time are serving the cause of freedom far away from the comforts of home and the love of their families. I am so thankful for them.

As I said, I have been a little melancholy over the results of the elections. But, yesterday I read (on the LPM blog) some great words of wisdom. (Oh, how I sometimes wish I was wise!) Beth very eloquently reminded me on this post that regardless of the outcome of the election there are some wonderful things to be thankful for. And on this post she reminded me what I can do now to support the future leader of this country (and of what God has to say about the whole "government" thing). It was good stuff. I think I am out of the melancholy stage and ready to do my part. I hope that you will join me.

Today I was reading Bring the Rain and Angie reminded me that I should be praying for my children. Now, I don't want you to get the impression that I don't ever pray for them, but to be honest, I don't pray as often as I should. I am going to join her (and many others) in Seven Prayers a Day for our children. It isn't too much to ask, and really, aren't we to pray without ceasing? I hope that you will pop over to her blog and check it out. I know that this will be a blessing to you and your children.

Finally, I haven't just been wishing I could change the world and reading other peoples bloggy goodness. On Tuesday my Mom and Dad came down and while my Dad stayed with Ethan, my Mom and I went and got some Christmas shopping done (and had a great lunch at Panera Bread, it is my favorite). After we got back we went outside to play in the leaves. The temperature outside was in the low 70's (not your typical November in Michigan) and we have a Sycamore tree that just loves dumping on our yard. It was a recipe for fun (and great pictures too). Here is the eye candy.....






Just in case you were wondering what the boys have in their mouths, it was vampire teeth that Jacob brought home from school on Monday. One of his classmates gave everyone a set of teeth. Jacob happened to get two and he very generously shared with Ethan. They have them in from the time they wake up until they go to bed (Ok, almost. I do make them take the teeth out for school and eating!)

3 comments:

  1. Kristy -
    Thank you for sharing. I am so greatful that we have gotten in touch after all of these years. You inspire me! We will get through the next four years if we just let go and know that it is in God's hands. I will be praying for our country everyday! Please keep up the posts- because although you don't think so, you are wise!! Take care :)
    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciated your insights. Although I faced some disappointment in the turn out of the elections, I still have so much joy! I know that we are called to LOVE and PRAY for those in authority. I know that God is in control and I believe he can use any one.

    I was sad to see/hear of many Christians who are getting so down and not being very loving towards those they did not vote for. So, I was glad to hear your perspectives. :)

    Great leaf pictures!! :) Fall gives so many wonderful photo opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to stop by and say hi! I found your "yellow house" through a few bloggin' friends. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts, so far!
    Blessings to you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!