Monday, December 29, 2008

Did ya'll have a Merry Christmas?

We sure did. All of the parties and running around seeing family was great. But, Christmas Day was the icing on the cake.

We spent the first few hours at home opening gifts with the boys and then playing with those gifts. Curt spent a bit of time setting up the new Wii (that we bought for the boys, ahem..) so it would be ready to play after we got back from my parents house. Unfortunately, it was already passed the boys bedtime so Curt and I had to do it ourselves. The sacrifices that we make as parents is limitless...

After our gorge on new toys we traveled 45 minutes to my parents house and had dinner with my family. Both of my sisters, their husbands, and their children were there. We have such a good time together, it starts as soon as we walk in the door and the talking and laughter don't end until we all get home. I love my family. They are the best.

After dinner my Dad did a reading (I'm not sure what book it was from) but it was regarding the birth of Christ the King. It brought me to tears, I was so moved by the thoughts of the author. Picturing our King... Lord... God... coming down to Earth, a lowly place for sure, to sacrifice himself for us. Us... you know we don't deserve it.

Once the reading and weeping was done we ripped into the remaining gifts. I am pretty sure that the kids all liked what they got, they've done nothing over the last 4 days except play with all the new toys. Curt and I made out pretty well too. My parents went above and beyond this year. Thanks guys!!

Well, that's all I got for now. I'm sure I'll post pictures someday soon. Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time at Christmas! I can't wait for New Years Eve!!! Wii will have such a great time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your Christmas was wonderful - full of family fun, good food and the joy of our Savior's birth. :)

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!