Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My First Bloggy Award


This award (my very first) came from my dear friend Wendi. Apparently, it is only given to those who are honest. I am glad that I am thought to be an honest person, I do try. The stipulation attached to this award is that I must list 10 honest things about myself. So, since I really want to keep this award, here we go.

1. Some people (I won't list any names, but they know who they are) have described me as stubborn. I will not deny it. I am.

2. I tend to put things that scare me or that I think I may fail at off to the last minute. (Curt was not a big fan of the night before semesters end when I was in college!) It is not limited to any one area in my life either.

3. I love to give, but receiving is hard. Again, this is not limited to any one thing. It could be gifts, compliments, love....

4. My family, extended included, is everything to me.

5. I don't consider my friends to be merely friends, they have become part of my family.

6. I sometimes worry that if my friends knew who I really used to be and the things that I have done that they wouldn't be able to stand the sight of me any longer. I am ashamed of that person.

7. I am so very thankful that the blood of Jesus is covering all of my sins.

8. I tend to dwell on something someone says that is negative towards my character either real or implied. I have been known to believe them and then berate myself for that character flaw, which may or may not actually exist.

9. I have made my child sit on the potty after they've yelled "I'm aallll dooonnnne." so I could finish reading a blog post.

10. Although I try, I find it difficult to open my heart to others.

So, there they are. I hope it isn't too heavy. In some ways, posts like this are good for me because they take me out of my comfort zone. It is easy for me to talk about my family, but myself.... that's way harder.

I also understand that I am to pass this award on to 7-10 other bloggers. But, I think I will just choose 3.
Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. GOOD GOOD job Kristy. :) I almost felt bad passing this one on - I know it is not an easy one, but you were up to the challenge. I really enjoy finding out more about YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!