Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Here, I'm Alive...

I have just been taking a bit of a break from the great wide bloggy world. I think it has something to do with not knowing what to blog about that you would all like to hear so I just don't say anything... anyway, I've had some goings-on and I'm going to share them... not all today and not in order (oh dear me.... non-chronological blogging... I never thought I'd do it...)

I just wanted to point out two new buttons on my sidebar. The first is a bloggy carnival that I am excited about doing... the posting of baby pictures of ourselves. I have some great baby pictures and I can't wait to share them... I may even share some of Curt because I have some of him that are just too funny not to share.... The second button is a "Praying for Stellan" button. You can hop on over to MckMama's blog if you would like one too...

Now, on to today... Jacob has been asking for something that is completely out of his character for the last couple of months. We were going to make him wait until summer, but Jacob is such a good boy and hasn't been begging although the desire for it hadn't seemed to diminish.

On our way to the barber shop today he asked one more time and said he would really like it for his birthday (his 7th is only 8 days away). Curt and I looked at each other and gave a little nod at the same time and agreed that today was the day.

Jacob took a huge step out of his little box and did something so completely out of character. I almost cried. He was being independent and sharing a part of his character with the world that he usually saves just for his family. So, here are a few pictures of the process... the grandparents are still adjusting... even the one who fascillitated it. Thank you Gary, he hasn't stopped beaming that smile all day!

This is before... can you see the excitement on that face?

This is during...

Here he is with his very own Mohawk...

He has gone into the bathroom several times just to look at it and we had to stop by to show all the grandparents before we came home. He is very happy and truth be told, so am I, not so much about the mohawk itself, it's just a haircut, but about what it represents for my little, overly timid, and rather shy, first born. He is doing what I have encouraged him to do countless times... He's being brave and he's being bold and he's being himself... Jacob, you rock!


6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! And he does look super grown up. Aww! Kristy, some of his mama is coming out in him. :)

    Very neat post. I'm glad you are "back". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - I bet he will start a new trend at school.
    Hey - Welcome back too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally cool! I screamed when I saw it, "Chad come here!"

    I am not going to tell Gracie I CAN'T WAIT to see what she says when she sees him on Monday!

    Speaking of which are we going to your house? We need to plan food. Call me!

    My word verification is hawhe. Remindes me of the HeeHaw dinner! Man that was a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks awesome! I love it - but more than the haircut I love the smile on his face that shows he is stepping out and being himself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lighthouse Prayer LineApril 2, 2009 at 4:45 PM

    Hi Kristy,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! I had a mohawk when I was younger playing football! Looks Great!!

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! He looks great with the hair cut! Where did he get the idea that he wanted a mowhawk?

    Anyway!

    Love you!
    Anna :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!