Friday, June 13, 2008

Dear Mrs. Brail,


I am not sure that I have the right or enough words to express my thanks to you for all you have done for Jacob (and me) this year.

The first day of school was not only an adjustment for Jacob, but also for me. He was nervous about doing something (anything) new, not knowing his teacher and not knowing the kids that he would be spending his days with. But, Jacob quickly (more quickly than I ever imagined) grew to love school. He came home everyday excited about what he learned, eager to sing the songs, share the letter sounds and write his numbers. He found great pleasure in being able to teach all he had learned to his younger brother. He was able to enjoy gym and music class. He learned that he could do things without Mom or Dad watching him. He became more independent and willing to try new things (even foods like broccoli, which he likes!). This was because of YOU!!

I had never left my child with anyone other than Grandma. I didn’t want to. He is my firstborn and sometimes it seems like time isn’t passing a second, minute, hour or day at a time. Instead it travels at light speed and if I blink, I miss something wonderful. I want Jacob to grow and become independent. I want him to learn about this wonderful world that God created. I want him to grow into the man God wants him to be. I want him to soar. As these changes happen I have to let go. Sometimes letting go comes in little bits and sometimes in great big chunks (I much prefer the little bits). You helped me let go a little bit each day. You let me come into the class so that I didn’t feel like I was missing out on his life. You encouraged me to guide him into independence. Because of the way you show your love for your class, your students, my Jacob, I was able to trust that he would be OK without me. This was because of YOU!!

Of all the teachers I had throughout elementary school, middle school, high school and college, the one I remember most and with the fondest memories is my Kindergarten teacher. Thank you for being Jacob’s. Thank you for teaching Him. Thank you for guiding him. Thank you for loving him. Thank you for helping him Soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!