Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Their First Swim Lesson...

I have mentioned before how timid and shy Jacob is and how hard it is for him to do something new. For those of you that know him well, you have witnessed the struggle that we have had and seen him slowly improve. Well, today was something new. At their first swim lesson both boys showed me that they are growing and maturing. Here is a peek at what Curt and I saw.



In this picture Ethan was using a kick board to move across the water. His instructor is an exchange student from Germany who has elected to stay here for a while. He is also a certified life guard.


Here he is in action.


I must be truthful and tell you that I got a little sappy (I know a big shock to you all) when I saw the boys doing so good. It's not that I don't want them to grow, its just that they are growing beyond my expectations and I am so proud of them overcoming their inhibitions.


This is Jacob with his instructor (I don't know their names yet). Jacob's instructor is 15. In fact today was his birthday so all of his swim team buddies gave him the ol' heave-ho into the water after the class was over.


Jacob was doing this without help before class ended.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! That is awesome! I love it when we can see the maturing process!
    I can't believe you actually got sappy though! YOU?! No way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! It was cool to see them dancing in your kitchen saying they couldn't wait to go! They are growing up. Oh,No! Don't cry, I didn't mean it!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!