Friday, June 13, 2008

The End of Kindergarten

Many of you know that I am fond of, rather protective and a smidge-bit sappy when it comes to my children. That being said, yesterday was Jacob's last day as a kindergartner. I was pretty OK with him going off to kindergarten this past fall. I drove him there myself. I didn't even cry (although my eyes misted when Ethan begged me to go back down the hallway to get Jacob because Jacob was crying and didn't want to be there), I was a rock (almost). But, I have been really sappy about him finishing kindergarten. Why?? I have been wondering the same thing.


It's not as if he is about to meet the girl of his dreams and run off to get married tomorrow. It's not as if he is going to pack his bags and move across the country to college tomorrow. It's not as if he is never going to come home or give me a hug or ask for a couple of chapters in his favorite book. It isn't as if I will never hear him torture his little brother or burp way to loud in a quiet little restaurant or say toot or poop just because he knows I can't stand it.

It is just something about finishing kindergarten and moving up to a real grade (like First Grade) that is too close to him growing up. Where did the time go?? Have I missed anything?? Forgotten anything??



I need to admit to you that although I am feeling very sappy right now, I was very close to stringing Jacob up by his toenails this afternoon when he wouldn't leave his little brother alone. But, right now he is soundly sleeping in his bed and looking like he was sent by the angels.....

1 comment:

  1. You are braver than me. I am going to be crying like a baby when I drop off Emma for Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!