Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Rest of Nascar Weekend (part 2)

OK, so do any of you know what HOV is?? No, well I do. We saw these HOV signs all over the highway in Charlotte and couldn't figure out what they were about. You had to have a HOV vehicle to drive in a certain lane and if you didn't, well then, you were fined. We were afraid that we weren't part of that HOV group so we didn't drive in that "special" lane. Our best guess as to what HOV meant was "Hatians on Vicodin". Although that was the best we could come up with we were pretty certain (and definately hopeful) that we were wrong. It wasn't until a few days after coming home that Rachel looked it up online and was able to tell me what it meant. Do you have any guesses?? I will give the answer next time I post (whenever that may be).

Anyway, onto Sunday of the Nascar Vacation Saga....

We had planned to meet with Chad and Rachel in the hallway of our hotel at 9:45am. Curt woke me up at 6:40am. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, but he was pacing at the foot of the bed and was just plain too full of excitement to sit still one more minute. I did my best to settle him down, but it was race day and it just wasn't going to happen. It turned out OK because Chad and Rachel were ready early too. After a fabulous and leasurely breakfast (I might be joking here) we left the hotel and headed for the track.

I think we got there about 10:00 and started looking at all the trailers. I can't say that I enjoyed the trailers that were just selling stuff, but there were a lot of trailers that had stuff for us to do. We played plinko, we did a race simulation (and although Chad was listed ahead of me if you look closely at our printout it shows that my time was the fastest, but I'm not competitive at all so it really doesn't matter :->), the guys got to work a impact drill, and we got some free potato chips and Heluva Good dip. After doing all the play stuff we went back to the van and had some lunch.

Then, it was off to the races.



I need to be clear with all of you reading this. I love Nascar. I love the smell, I love the noise (for about 2 laps and then I have to cover my ears), I love having fun with my husband and sharing this time with him, I love seeing him so happy and excited, I love the competition, I just love it.








So, here is a little video of the start of the race. It gets a little shaky because they were going faster and faster and I was having a hard time keeping up. Enjoy!!




If you want to see more of our adventure you can check out Rachel's blog and here you can see the boys on go-carts and here you can learn about Nascar style people watching and here you can see the last little bit of our saga. She has a lot of pictures posted (most of the ones of me are really goofy)!!

2 comments:

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!