Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Here She Is...

This is the little girl that we are sponsoring. She lives in India and her name is Vaishali, she is almost 8 years old, and I couldn't resist those big beautiful eyes.

Jacob tells everyone that he has a sister that lives in India even though I have explained countless times that she isn't really his sister. To which he replies that we adopted her, and I have tried to explain that real adoption isn't the same as adopting someone in our hearts. But I did tell them that we were going to pray for her like we do the rest of our family and we were going to love her like she was our family.

Both of the boys talk about going to visit her which someday I hope will turn into reality. I would love to take them on a Compassion trip to visit her when they are teenagers.

I do love how they just accepted her as a new part of our life. Their capacity for giving love is such an inspiration to me. The only questions they really asked were "Can we go see her?" and "Are the tigers going to eat her?" because, you know, tigers live in India. We are all really excited about exchanging letters with her.

Please pray with us for her and her family. I know that I have no real understanding of what true poverty looks like, but she is living it. I want her to know hope and love and Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL - yep, hard to resist those big dark eyes.

    And I think it is so sweet that Jacob calls her his sister. You can tell he has such a soft heart!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!