Friday, October 24, 2008

The Concert (and meeting Angie)

A couple of months ago Angie Smith from the Bring the Rain blog announced that she was going to be attending a benefit concert here in Michigan that Selah (her husbands singing group) was going to be headlining for Laban Ministries. My girlfriends and I are faithful readers of Angie's blog and wanted so much to meet her in "real life". With our husbands permission and full cooperation (thank you guys!!) we planned our girls night out. First, we stopped at Panera Bread for some warm soup and sandwiches (and caffeinated beverages). Then we set out on our hour long trip to Northville. I still don't think I could find Northville on a map, but I can get you to the Nazarene church if you need a ride. The concert started around 7pm and it was great. Not only did Selah perform, but so did Todd's brother, Jack, and his wife, Molly and also Todd's sister Nicol (who was in Selah for 8 years). We also got to learn all about Laban Ministries and the wonderful work they are doing to help reach the people in Congo, Africa with the Gospel. After the concert was over we were able to wait in line to meet Todd Smith, Amy Perry, and Alan Hall (the members of Selah) and get their autographs. Now, I don't want to imply that that wasn't cool or that we weren't excited about that prospect, but we really wanted to meet Angie. So, my dear friend Wendi told Todd, as he was graciously signing our little bulletins, that we were really there to meet his wife. He just chuckled and wasn't at all surprised. He also told us that she would be out soon. Being the non-stalkers that we are, we very covertly started scoping out the (is joint an appropriate pseudonym for church? We'll just go with church) church and found her already surrounded by her bloggy fan club. Again, very nonchalantly we made our way to within touching distance and waited patiently (OK, so we were a little giddy at this point, but we'll just keep it between us!). After a while "her crowd" dissipated a little and she included us in the conversation. She was just as cute and vibrant and funny and humble as we thought she would be. We were able to talk with her for a while and of course get some pictures during which she shared her "skinny pose" secrets with us. And then, as if the night hadn't already met and exceeded our expectations she asked us, (yes, us!!) for our blog addresses. At that point we were all REALLY giddy and Rachel, shouted "It's a dream come true!!", which it was. I am sure that if we lived near Angie we would all totally be BFF's and that Todd doesn't really think we are all crazy. At least that's my story and I am totally sticking to it!!


I am pretty sure that Rachel and Rachel and Wendi are going to be posting about this wild (by our standards) and wacky night. If you want to check them out, just click on their names and you will go right to their blogs.




Rachel, Me, Angie, Wendi and Rachel

3 comments:

  1. It was a blast wasn't it! Do you want to go to Ikea? (Is that how you spell it?)

    Were you thinking about scraping tonight?

    My word verification word is

    babah

    I feel like a sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times my friend. I hope I never get Alzheimers.

    My word verification is

    theconst

    Sounds like a good stalker name. "The const here. The eagle has landed!"

    Yes, coffee is once again taking me throguh my day. In case you wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thanks for your great navigation skills. I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!