Monday, October 20, 2008

Conversations with Ethan

Every morning during the ride back home after dropping Jacob off at school Ethan starts talking for the day. Once he starts he doesn't stop (unless it is naptime, which is strictly enforced for my sanities sake). Our conversations range from the beauty of the morning to the "whys" of life. Today our conversation started with Ethan wondering if the pigs that turn into bacon get shot or stabbed. I know, such a great way to start the morning (thankfully, I had already drank a half cup of coffee). Anyway, the conversation took a turn and this was part that struck me as funny (as if pig slaughter is normal)...

Ethan: Mom, do we have guts?

Me: Yes.

Ethan: What are guts?

Me: Guts are all our insides, like our heart and lungs and stomach and intestines.

Ethan: Where does our food go?

Me: Into our stomach.

Ethan: Why doesn't it go into our legs?

Me: Because God made us so our food goes into our stomach.

Ethan: Does it become poop?

Me: The part that our body doesn't use.

Ethan: But why doesn't it come out our leg instead of our bottom?

Me: Because that's not how God made us. Time to be quiet now, Mommy wants to listen to this song. (and get rid of the headache that I've gotten in the last 5 minutes talking about guts.)

Ethan: But, I think it should come out our legs.

3 comments:

  1. Can't.stop.laughing
    I LOVE those kind of conversations. And really - why don't we poop out our legs??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love car conversations! I had one all about politics and the current proposals on the ballot with Faith on the way home from school. (Yes it is pink eye.) I think perhaps we have been talking too much politics at our house in the last several days. Yesterday Hope said out of the blue, "Barack Obama!" Totally bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so hilarious and I love hearing about what is going on in his head :) So great! You'll have to share more of these stories because I know you have these conversations EVERY DAY!!!

    Check out my blog - I tagged you today! I know you've done this before but you came up with such great random tidbits that I wanted to see what you'd put this time :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!