Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Flying High

This past Sunday we had the opportunity to go flying over the town that Curt and I grew up in. This opportunity came about when Curt's parents won (through a silent auction that was raising money for their church) a one hour plane trip. They very generously asked us if we would be interested in splitting it with them. That gave each of us a half hour. The pilot is a sweet lady that goes to their church and also is a flight control director at a nearby airport. She is also the host of the pool party that we have gone to the last two summers. She is really neat and kinda spunky (I like that in a person) and very adventurous (at least by my standards).


This is us before we took off. It was only a four seater plane, so Ethan rode with Joanne and Gary.


Curt was co-pilot. I think the highlight for him was when he was asked if he wanted to drive. It was great for him, but as the driver he decided to play a little and with me being in the back seat, my tummy wasn't too happy with his up and down and right and left manuevers. But, I was glad he got the opportunity. It was a once in a lifetime moment.


We had hoped to catch all the fall color when we scheduled the date for the flight, but up until last week we really hadn't seen much color change. But, fortunately it came on strong this last week and we saw some magnificant beauty.


Curt took a great shot just as we were landing on the runway.

I love that you can see the propelor. When we were flying it was going so fast that I forgot it was even in front of us. It took the camera to capture it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I am glad that Ethan decided to join you after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredible! Dave would be so jealous! :) I love the pictures of the fall foilage from up above. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!