Thursday, October 16, 2008

Java...


I haven't always been a big coffee drinker, but lately I've been dabbling with iced or hot, mocha or regular. I have friends and relatives alike that don't start the day (or end it for that matter) without a cup of that hot, uplifting, comforting gift of goodness. Since fall has taken hold we have been having damp, cold weather and nothing sounds as good as a hot beverage (especially one that will help me wake up and get out of my warm and toasty bed). So, yesterday I took my coffee pot (which was stored in the box in the basement and only brought out for parties) out of its box and made a special place on the counter just for it. My Dad (love him) gave me a wonderful box of Gevalia Pumpkin Spice coffee and I used one of the filters that came with the machine (did I mention I've had it for five years or so?) and made myself some coffee. Now, I am not one to miss an opportunity to make a good thing better so I added some Pumpkin Spice Creamer to my Pumpkin Spice Coffee and what did I get?? A slice of Pumpkin Spice Heaven. I think I may be like those friends and relatives I mentioned above. A good cup of coffee to start morning or end the day (of course this would have to be decaf version or I won't sleep a wink) seems to me a very good idea.

1 comment:

  1. I was never a coffee drinker until this year. I'm getting a little bit hooked now. :) I had a caramel Macciato from Starbucks a while ago and was SO in love with it. Unfortunately Starbucks doesn't fit ver nicely into our budget... :) Pumpin spice sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!