Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I just realized...

that I totally missed my 100th post. I was planning on doing the ol' 100 things you never wanted to know about me bit, but it slipped right on by without me noticing. Sorry. I do hope your not disappointed. Maybe I'll come up with 110... naaa, who am I kiddin'.

I had a bit of an epiphany this past Saturday night. Hubby took the little boys off to Detroit for a little MONSTER JAM action (I've been told it was great!) and I stayed home by myself.

Oh, is there anything sweeter than stay-at-home-all-alone-time (other than the need for new "skinny" jeans)?

Anyway, they left around 3 in the afternoon and I immediately sat down in front of the T.V. Why you ask would I immediately park my fanny in front of the ol' tube? Well, in our house I don't get T.V. time. Usually it is always on sports and although I am home all day I don't turn it on unless the boys want a movie (yeah, I'm that mom who doesn't even let her kids watch PBS). Back to the epiphany. It is rather huge. Are you ready? You may want to sit down...

I have discovered that I don't like T.V. (except for Dirty Jobs and Nascar) and if I were single or not married to the wonderful husband that I have who is a huge fan of all things sports (except for soccer and that other sport we don't understand and I can't even name right now) I would not be paying for cable. I would not own a dish. I would just have a T.V. hooked to a DVD player and call it good. That dear bloggy friends was my epiphany. It took me all of 20 minutes of flipping through channels to realize I would rather read a book or do some laundry or even clean the toilet, but I didn't go quite that far.

Hope you aren't too disappointed. I know there are some big fans of Lost, 24, House and several other shows. I even participated in watching them. Just not anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Huh. Well, you know what? When the kids are in school, the Baby and I hang out in a completely silent house, except for watching Little Bear at lunchtime. There are very, very few shows that I would watch if it wasn't a shared experience with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, if you had said that you really would rather clean a toilet than watch TV.........read a book, ya, but clean a toilet....naaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 2 TVs that almost never get turned on unless someone wants to watch a video or a DVD. We would rather do other things. Arlona

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I definitely agree with you. The only times I watch tv is with my family or snuggled up next to Mgn or to watch a movie.
    There is so much else I'd rather be spending my free time on...crafting, sewing, scrap booking, curling up with a good book, magazine or browsing through blogs just to name a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your letter is "B" :)

    Can't wait to see your list!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!