Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Call Me "A Day Late and a Dollar Short...


Project 365

...because it seems to be my life mantra. I am once again posting my Project 365 pictures a day later than everyone else. I'm thinking this is just gonna be the way it is. Thanks to Sara for hosting this weekly blog carnival. It is the only one I've ever participated in. I'm thinking its because there is always a deadline and it just stresses me out. I can't be witty and funny when I've got a deadline. Hence the "day late and a dollar short". Enjoy the pictures, I've been enjoying yours.

This was taken last Sunday. I just need to say that I did not do this to "quiet" him, it was his own idea. I'm still not sure what he was pretending to do or be or whatever. Just his own imagination and a chip clip.

Our Monday evenings are spent at the local high school pool where both Jacob and Ethan take swimming lessons. Jacob is doing pretty good and can almost swim the whole length of the pool without a rest. We just can't get him to put his face in the water.

On Tuesday I decided to take our recyclable items to the "recycling spot". It took about a dozen trips to the basement to bring it all up and loaded into the van. Most of what you see is just the cardboard box stuff. All the plastic and paper and glass and metal are behind the boxes in bins. I think I shouldn't wait quite so long between trips...

Wednesday the kids had a day off school because of icy roads. My friend Rachel brought her 3 girls over for a play day and we did a little scrapbooking. I think we all had a good time.

I have great picture of Ethan coming from my friend with him wearing his swimming goggles while we were in the church office. She said to him "It's a good thing you brought those goggles, you never know when you might need them." His reply, "I sure don't!" Priceless.

Friday evening the boys had a picnic in the living room (this is a fairly regular occurrence) and they were just so cute and engrossed in their movie.

Saturday it snowed all day. Between Friday afternoon and Saturday evening we accumulated about a foot and a half of snow. When I looked out my window I just kept thinking that it was like one giant snowflake out there!

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my week. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Well you are just a room-full of cute! I especially like the first one...I have three boys...ha! Too funny.

    And I love the snowy swing...I live in the South, so I rarely get to see snow at all let alone like that!

    Also, our first house as a married couple was a little yellow house. And that's what we called it. The little yellow house. Although, I think yours is a bit cuter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you still posted!!! I love seeing your pictures! I should tell you that I "barely" got mine in on sunday morning and I am the host....really!

    I love the chip clip, but owwwww!!!

    Looking at the back of your car made me realize how lucky I am to have my recycling picked up at my house every Monday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Love the snow one! You could do more snow pictures everyday this week just to show how much more we are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clip on the mouth: perfection...gonna have to try that, either for them or myself :)

    And SO glad to hear it takes someone else a dozen trips to get the recycling out to the van!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!