Sunday, February 8, 2009

Seeking Prayers...

I took Jacob in to the Foote Hospital Express Care this morning. He has pneumonia. The pediatrician said that if he isn't improving or if he is still refusing food tomorrow they may have to admit him for I.V. meds and fluids.

Right now he is taking two antibiotics, one in the form of shots that he has to repeat tomorrow and Tuesday and also an oral form that he will take for five days. He threw up the first dose of the oral.... I think it had more to do with him drinking a whole glass of juice quickly to get the taste out of his mouth than the medicine making him sick. He is willing to drink juices, but water makes him "icky" and he's refusing food.

He is sleeping on the sofa and looking very pitiful... my hanging by a thread composure is still hanging by a thread.

I will continue to update on the blog how things are going... we just really covet your prayers for his healing.

2 comments:

  1. Kristy- I will keep Jacob and you in my prayers. Hope the meds work quickly!! God is with you both and he will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, I will pray for your Jacob even as I am praying for Jacob and Noah as they are also on anti-biotics as of yesterday. Their tonsils and ears are problems right now, God did give them a good night of rest last night. I pray that Jacob will feel better real soon. It is hard when little ones are sick. Arlona

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!