Monday, February 16, 2009

The Annual Daytona 500 Extravaganza

Every year our friends Brad and Rachel host a Daytona 500 party to kick off the Nascar season. I was really looking forward to it because I had been cooped up all week with the boys (and if you wait until the end, I'll fill you in on my not so fabulous Valentine's Day). As always it was bunches of fun with great friends and some great food. The race itself was a little bit of a disappointment because it ended up being called early due to rain, whatever, the good news is that Curt won his Daytona 500 pool at work! He's excited about that, he rarely wins anything unless its a t-shirt, he wins those all the time... Here are a few pictures of the day.

This is the entire group, I'm pretty sure that this will be the new picture that Curt displays on his blog.

This is Brad checking out how far and how fast the rain was coming into Daytona. This is important stuff...

This is me being ridiculously excited about a plastic tiara. I just need to say that I've always wanted one and although I really had hoped it would be made out of platinum and gemstones and of course come with a fabulous title, a prince in disguise, a castle and a whole bunch of servants that would just love me to pieces I am not at all disappointed by this one. I love it. You may actually see me wearing it, proudly and outside of the house in public!

As for Valentine's Day... I woke up in the morning, looked in the mirror and what did I see? A giant red eyeball... apparently it decided to accessorize for the holiday. I have pink eye. So this time instead of taking one of the boys to the Urgent Care... it was me, yippy! And to top off the Fabulous Day of Love... Auntie Flow decided to pop in for her monthly visit. The end.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you have pink eye!

    Love you!
    Anna :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when you said Auntie Flow came to visit for 2 reasons....

    first and foremost...she never comes here anymore!!! yipppeeee!!! Don't hate me for that, I did my time! :)

    second, we were going on a trip with some friends and one said that unfortunately Aunt Flow was coming. We got on the trip and sat down for the 1st dinner and another one of the women says "hey, I thought you said your Aunt Flow was coming...where is she?" yes, she did, right in front of everyone!! She had never heard that comment before and to this day we laugh till we cry about it!!

    hope your pink eye is better and Aunt Flow goes home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like your tiara, it is rather stylish! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey Peeps! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please feel free to leave me comments. I enjoy reading every one!